Physical Fitness Benefits and Importance | Body Health and Fitness
There are so many benefits to be gained from participation in physical fitness and wellness programs and people of all ages and both genders can derive benefits from such programs so as to help them to maintain high er quality of life. The most important benefits of physical fitness and wellness approach in the development of positive attitude that helps people to see life’s possibilities and to work for their attainment so as to make one’s life personally fulfilling and satisfying. It provides the basis for optimal physiological health and gives us the capacity to enjoy a full life.
The main benefits of Physical Fitness are -
1. Condition of heart and lungs by increasing the oxygen available to the body therefore enabling the heart to use oxygen more efficiently.
2. Devolopment of physical fitness components such as strength, endurance , agility, flexibility, etc and improvement of muscle tone.
3. Fosters correct posture, figure, body image, and physical appearance.
4. Quick recovery after injury, illness and decrease the risk of cardio-vascular disease.
5. Reduces and controls body fat, exercise combined with a proper diet will reduce body fat and also fulfill proper nutritional requirement
6. Increase energy level of a person and helps to maintain ideal body weight.
7. Through Participation in physical fitness program, leisure (free) time is properly utilized.
8. Improve mood and reduce depression and anxiety.
9. Postpones fatigue and reduces recovery time after vigorous activity.
10. Helps people to meet challenges of life, make them self confident and postpones ageing process.